Here, for your amusement, is the strange flight plan of one Brian Richardson … business traveler and cross-country geek.
- Sunday – 2:30pm flight to Austin, TX (booked two days ago thanks to last minute meeting with major computer company)
- Monday – 8:00am meeting at major computer company, scheduled to be done by 10:00am. Return to airport, flight back to Atlanta. Arrive at 6:00pm, have dinner with spouse & friend. Stay at friend’s house because it’s a lot closer to the airport.
- Tuesday – 8:00am flight to Phoenix, AZ (yes, departing at 8:00am). Arrive in Phoenix, drive to Scottsdale. Check into conference for lunch. Attend “networking” event disguised as a four hour off-road vehicle commercial masquerading as a “desert adventure” tour. Dinner with Kat & Sean.
- Wednesday – Full day (8:00am to 10:00pm) with computer folks at an industry meeting
- Thursday – Industry meeting then dinner somewhere (maybe with Michael R. Mennegea).
- Friday – Day off in Phoenix. Visit Jake in Mesa during the day, run off for dinner in the evening. Buy booze for Saturday.
- Saturday – Invade Draco Vista studios at noon for Wingin’ It 3D. I think I need the booze to pay the troll under the bridge at Michael’s moat (how can you afford to keep a moat filled in Arizona, anyway?). WIll probably wear my kilt just because I can. Flight home at 6:00pm (not sure if flying in the kilt is a good plan).
Yes, that’s two round-trip tickets in one week. I am going to kick the crap out of that roaming gnome if I see him anywhere.